Mall of Berlin
One of the many attractive features of Berlin is the juxtaposition of new and classic architecture.
This image was taken inside a modern shopping mall – the Mall of Berlin – and provides a view of the Bundesrat building. Completed in 1904, the building was originally the Prussian House of Lords. It was partially destroyed in WWII, and after that, used by various East German institutions. Since 2000 it has housed the Bundesrat, the legislative body representing the Federal States of Germany.